DiskPatch is an easy-to-use DOS utility that repairs the disk structures that describe your 'hard disk layout'.
As a data recovery utility with simple set of tools for partition recovery, partition repair, boot sector repair, surface scan and repair, disk cloning, DiskPatch can recover and undelete lost or deleted partitions, and repair boot sectors.
- DiskPatch recovers data by repairing corrupt disk structures, like the partition tables, 'in-place'.
- DiskPatch is designed to tackle the most common issues that prevent you from accessing your data: a corrupt MBR (Master Boot Record), corrupt partition tables, accidentally deleted partitions, corrupt boot sectors, and 'bad' sectors.
Corruption of the MBR, partition tables and boot sectors account for the majority of the problems that lead to 'mass data loss'; situations where an entire drive or partition can't be accessed.
- You can fix these problems yourself by running DiskPatch!
DiskPatch automatically repairs damaged, corrupt or missing partition tables and boot sectors. Fast. Simple. Safe. To make recovery from future disasters even easier, DiskPatch allows you to back up important disk structures like the MBR, partition tables and boot sectors.
Features of DiskPatch:
- Repair deleted or lost partitions 'in-place'
- Repair corrupted boot sectors 'in-place'
- Fix 'Invalid partition table', 'Error loading operating system' etc.
- Rescue data from bad disks (read errors) by cloning the disk
- Also includes disk, partition and boot sector editor
- Partition table & boot sector backup and restore
- Disk surface scan and repair
- Secure disk wipe (DOD 5220.22-M)
DiskPatch can also be used to: backup & restore your disk layout (partition tables, boot sectors or the LDM on Dynamic Disks), edit your disk, scan for surface errors and possibly fix them, wipe or 'low level format' a hard disk, clone 'bad' disks.